What is Sculptra? What are the benefits? Is it really possible to restore younger facial skin? Is it safe?
Sculptra, a helper to revitalize and restructure the skin layer to be stronger at a deep level that is currently trending and being talked about the most during this year 2023 because Sculptra is a new innovation of skin rejuvenation by stimulating the function of fibroblast. Also increase the production of new collagen and elastin fibers according to the natural process continuously. Therefore, helping to make your skin look younger for up to 25 months. For anyone who is interested and looking for information about Sculptra, this article from Linna Clinic includes everything you should know before injecting Sculptra. What is Sculptra? What can it help with? How many injections does Sculptra need to see results?
Table of Contents
What is Sculptra?
Sculptra is a collagen biostimulator used for injecting deep into the skin to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin fibers naturally. The key ingredient in Sculptra is a particle of Poly-L-Lactic acid, commonly known as PLLA, which is classified as the world’s first and only collagen stimulant that has been certified by the FDA. USA that Sculptra is a synthetic substance that can be used to stimulate the production of collagen under the skin safely. It doesn’t hurt the tissue beneath the skin. It naturally restores the skin’s structure and improves skin quality. Wrinkles on your face look faded and helps to make the face look many years younger.
What are the benefits of Sculptra?
- Sculptra helps restore the skin’s structure at a deep level. Improves skin quality from the inside out.
- Helps replenish the skin to make it plump. Makes deep wrinkles look faded. Skin looks smoother, finer and tighter.
- Helps restore and increase collagen. New elastin fibers Under the skin makes the skin full and plump. Better skin health Helps restore youthfulness to the skin, making the face look younger. Research results support that after 3 months of Sculptra injection, it can stimulate the production of Collagen Type-1 by up to 66.5%.
- Helps restore balance to make the skin hydrated, flexible, firm, and reduce the problem of dry, damaged, and rough skin.
Is Scupltra dangerous? Which country is it from?
Since Sculptra is the newest beauty innovation that has just been launched in Thailand, it may cause many people to have doubts about whether Sculptra is dangerous or not. Is it standardized and certified for safety? There is no need to worry about this because Sculptra, which contains PLLA particles as an important ingredient, has been used since 1999 before it received safety standard approval from the US-FDA. 2009 that it can be safely injected on the face to help improve skin quality and reduce wrinkles. Can decompose naturally 100% by Sculptra is a premium quality skin care product produced by Galderma Company, Italy, imported for distribution in Thailand by Galderma Thailand Company and has already passed safety standards certification from the Thai FDA.
Who is suitable for Sculptra?
- People who want to take care of their skin to make it firm and youthful. Your facial skin always looks firm and young without needing to inject fillers or other chemicals into the skin.
- People who want to improve the quality of their skin from within. This creates long-term skin care results without having to undergo frequent procedures. Because skin rejuvenation injections with Sculptra can maintain results in improving skin quality for up to 25 months.
- People who have wrinkle problems sagging skin lack of elasticity, skin not firm.
- People who have problems with dry, damaged, and rough skin.
How many times you need to inject? How long does it last?
For those who are new to Sculptra injections, doctors will recommend 2-3 consecutive injections, spaced every 4-6 weeks in order to produce a noticeable change in results. After the injecting Sculptra, the results will gradually be improved and will begin to see the changes about 2-3 weeks after the injection. After that, Sculptra can be injected to enhance skin regeneration every 6-12 months and the skin regeneration results can be maintained continuously for more than 25 months.
Side effects of Sculptra
During the first 1-2 days after Sculptra injection, pain and swelling may occur. There may be small needle bruises where Sculptra was injected. After that, these symptoms will gradually fade away. Improved and recovered normally in 3-4 days after injection. However, the doctor recommends massage the skin after Sculptra injection with the rule number 5, which is facial massage 5 times a day, 5 minutes each time, consecutively during 5 days to help Collapse swelling faster This allows the drug to be distributed over the face and stimulates the PLLA drug to penetrate into the skin effectively for effective stimulation of collagen and elastin fiber production under the skin layer.
Recommendations before & after injecting Sculptra
Preparation before doing Sculptra
- Avoid treating your face with other procedures including facial scrubbing during the 2-4 weeks before Sculptra injection.
- Stop taking medications or vitamin supplements that stimulate blood flow for at least 2 weeks, including aspirin painkillers. Avoid anti-inflammatory drugs, NSAIDs include Ibuprofen, Naproxen, cod liver oil, collagen supplements, vitamin E, garlic, galingale, etc. to prevent bruises after treatment.
- Refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages at least 1-3 days before the injection.
- Take care of your physical health to be healthy as usual. Get enough sleep at least 8-12 hours before your Sculptra injection.
Self care after doing Sculptra
- Cold compresses can be applied for the first 24 hours after Sculptra injection to help reduce swelling.
- Avoid wearing makeup, saunas, and steam baths for the first 24 hours after injection.
- Avoid being outdoors Prolonged exposure to sunlight and UV rays until swelling and redness go away
- After Sculptra injection, there should be a gap of approximately 2-4 weeks before receiving other skin care injection procedures such as Botox injections or filler injections.
Who cannot inject Sculptra?
- People who have a history of allergy to drugs that are key ingredients in Sculptra, including Poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA), Carboxymethylcellulose (CMC), Non-pyrogenic mannitol.
- People under 18 years of age because there are no studies on the advantages and disadvantages of using Sculptra in people under 18 years of age.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- People with impaired immune systems and those who must use immunosuppressive drugs to treat their disease.
- People with a history of severe allergic reactions. (Anaphylaxis)
- People who bleed easily Bleeding is difficult to stop or those who need to take medicine to prevent platelet clotting to treat an underlying disease, such as aspirin, warfarin, etc.
- People with a history of keloids or those who easily develop scars.
Review and Promotions
Sculptra, the latest innovation sent directly from Italy. A helper to restore and improve skin quality deeply. Reveal smooth, firm, firm skin. Turn back the time to keep your skin youthful for up to 25 months continuously. It has been certified for safety standards from the US-FDA and Thai FDA standards, so you can be confident that Sculptra is absolutely safe. If anyone is interested in rejuvenating the skin to be youthful, elastic and firm by injecting Sculptra, you can ask for more information about Sculptra at Linna Clinic or add Line to inquire or book a treatment appointment with Linna Clinic.