Face Design with Filler at LINNA Clinic
What is filler and what are the benefits?
Filler contains hyaluronic acid (Hyaluronic Acid), also known as “HA”, to help fill up your skin.
HA is effective in helping to retain water in the subcutaneous layer. Fillers are commonly used to do face design. It also solves the problem of wrinkles, deep grooves of the skin. It can also help in skin booster and make your skin radiant and decrease your pore size. In addition, the doctors at Linna Clinic also have techniques to lift the face with fillers.
Many of you may have heard about small molecule fillers such as Restylane Vital Light can also be used as a skin booster. This is the latest innovation to increase moisture and reduce wrinkles or acne scars. The product has been certified by the Food and Drug Administration in both Thailand and the United States. Including certified by the countries in the European Union with the process of modern technology innovation, Non Animal Stabilize Hyaluronic Acid or NASHA, which results in a hyaluronic acid gel, which has properties that are closest to nature, therefore is stable and last longer than other types of fillers.
- Helps to correct facial contours such as filling in the lips, under eyes, cheek grooves, cheeks, temples, forehead, etc.
- Fix deep wrinkles problems such as wrinkles on the cheeks and wrinkles under the eyes and crow’s feet
- Chin augmentation without the need for surgery
Filler last for about 6 months – 2 years depending on which part you inject. It is very important to use real filler as it will disappear naturally 100%, however in the market there are fake products like silicone, it is very dangerous and is not recommend to be injected into your face.
9 Frequently asked questions about Filler
Is filler harmful ?
Fillers are very popular nowadays because of their immediate results. Fillers are available in many brands, many models, can be injected in many positions. However, if using “real” fillers, which are 100% HA (Hyaluronic acid) and injected with the correct technique by skilful doctors, it is very safe. Most dangerous and unsafe injection is the use of liquid silicones. Fake fillers can cause unexpected results. These problems are often caused by doctor who does not have enough expertise.
Can filler flow or move ?
If injected into the correct skin layer and is real filler, it will definitely not move to other parts of your face. But most of the flow problems come from fake filler product injection that claimed to be semi-permanent or can last longer than 5 years, these are liquid silicones. Therefore, before injecting fillers, you should study and use genuine filler products. The important thing is that before you inject fillers, ask your doctor to unpack the filler box in front of you to ensure that it is a genuine filler and inject at a good standard clinic.
How many times you have to inject filler ?
In general, you will see result clearly from the first treatment. It will last about 6-18 months depending on the type of molecule used. And some people may do less or more depending on age, skin care and lifestyle. It is recommended to drink a lot of water to make it last longer.
If filler is near to heat, it will quickly disappear or gone ?
Heat affects the length of stay of fillers, for example, people who have been injected with lip fillers and regularly drink hot things such as tea, coffee, or smoke. It will make the fillers disintegrate faster.
If you inject filler once and not continue to inject will our face age faster ?
This is not true! Because the real filler will be completely disintegrated 100% without any residue. No effect on the skin and will not create more wrinkles.
On the other hand if the filler is not injected, the skin age everyday. Some people feel more wrinkled because they are not familiar with the appearance of their skin when the fillers are completely gone. Or it may be caused by your lifestyle that does not take care of one’s health, such as staying up late, drinking alcohol, smoking, being in the sun without protecting the skin by applying sunscreen or spreading an umbrella, all of these increase skin ageing.
How long will good quality filler last ?
Really fillers when injected will not last forever. Hyaluronic acid (Hyaluronic Acid) will decompose itself according to the natural process of the body, most of the time, if a good standard filler is injected, it will last about 6-24 months, depending on the type of filler.
Estimate length of stay of each injection site:
- Under the eyes: 6-9 months
- Skin Booster: 6-9 months
- Mouth: 6-12 months (depending on what you eat)
- Cheek groove: 12 months
- Temples: 18-24 months
- Acne scars: 6-12 months, but with dermaflix will be permanently shallower.
- Wrinkles: 6-12 months, but with dermaflix will be permanently shallower.
- Chin: 18-24 months
**Depending on your lifestyle.
How many CC should you inject ?
The doctor will assess the problem of each person’s face. This means the amount used will be different depending on the facial problem of each person.
Recommended number of CCs for each area
- Under eye: 2 cc
- Skin Booster: 1 cc
- Grooves cheek: 2 cc
- Temple: 2 cc
- Lips: 1-2 cc
- Chin: 1-2 cc
- Forehead: 2-5 cc
Is there any residual after injecting filler ?
This is not true, if it is real and genuine filler, it will disappear.
Recommendations before filler injection
- Avoid drugs and supplements especially drugs in the pain reliever NSAIDs, such as Ibuprofen Aspirin, because they can cause swelling or bruises in the area where fillers can be injected. Also certain types of supplements such as vitamin E, ginkgo, collagen, fish oil 3-4 days before the treatment because it may cause bruising and slow bleeding.
- Be sure you are not allergic to this substance. Make sure that the substance HyaluronicAcid that are injected are standardized and approved by Medical institutions or public health standards.
- It should not be done while you are pregnant and breastfeeding or are taking anticoagulants because it can cause side effects.
- If you are prone to keloids or scars, try inject another part first before the face or in the obvious area.
Recommendations after filler injection
- After the injection, most of the time there will be red and swollen skin. It may be itchy or dark, a lump under the skin at the injection site. Some people may experience blotches or discoloured skin, but these symptoms usually go away on their own in 48 hours.
- For the first 12 hours, do not apply makeup or apply moisturizer immediately after injection. If injected in the lips, refrain from using straws, smoking, and do not immediately apply lipstick and avoid using cosmetics and skin creams.
- Refrain from heavy exercise or activities that cause a lot of sweating, including exposure to heat such as a sauna. It may cause the filler to disappear faster.
- There may be bruising. But it will disappear on its own in 1 week. If not, it is advisable to see a doctor.
- During the first 7 days, you should refrain from strenuous facial massages or hot treatments such as RF or sauna.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol for the first 2 weeks.
- It is recommended that you return to the doctor after 2 weeks or if there are any abnormal symptoms you should see a doctor immediately