8 Things you should know about stem cells
Nowadays, there are various procedures that help lift and tighten your face to make you look years younger. One of the popular option to help reverse the aging of your skin at DNA level is Stem Cells injection. It is the most famous and has a long history, stem cells injection uses a cell repair method. What is stem cell injection? Is it really safe and effective? Linna Clinic combines 8 frequently asked questions for you to know before consider to inject stem cells.
8 Things you should know about stem cells
1. What are stem cells
First of all, our body is made up of more than 100 trillion tiny cells, which these cells will combine and become organ systems of the body in order for us to survive, such as muscle cells, skin cells, nerve cells, heart muscle cells red blood cells and white blood cells, etc.
Stem cells are the body’s raw materials, cells from which all other cells with specialized functions are generated. Stem cells can develop into other cells, for example, develop into muscle cells, blood cells, brain cells, heart muscle cells, nerve cells, bone cells, etc. No other cell in the body has the natural ability to generate new cell types. Stem cells can be divided according to the stage of growth ability into 3 types as follows:
- Totipotent Stem Cell is an embryonic stem cell. highest potential can develop into any type of cell.
- Pluripotent Stem Cell is cells derived from adult stem cells (Adult Stem Cells) that can develop into many different types of cells.
- Multipotent Stem Cell/Unipotent Stem Cell are cells derived from adult stem cells, but they are functionally specific and cannot develop into other types of stem cells.
2. Where do stem cells come from
Stem cell is originally exists within our body. Various cells in our body will deteriorate, die and be replaced by new cells all the time. New cells replacing old dead cells is Stem Cell itself, but when we age or the body is affected by various diseases, the production rate of new cells will decrease compared to the number of dead cells. The body began to deteriorate rapidly. The concept of using Stem Cell to restore cells in the body to function normally was introduced.
Stem cells that are used in medicine comes from different sources such as,
- Receiving stem cells from our own body (Autologous)
- Receiving stem cells from other people’s body (Alloheneic)
- Receiving stem cells from animals (Xenotherapy) such as PDRN from salmon
In the beauty industry, the concept of stem cell repair has been adapted to solve skin problems as well. By bringing the stem cells within the body called Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs) (Mesenchymal stem cells), they are used to treat and restore the skin to look younger. MSCs are stem cells capable of dividing and developing into different cells freely namely skin cells, fat cells, bone cells/ cartilage cells, etc. The sources of MSCs are umbilical cord, fat, placental blood, bone marrow and teeth. At Linna Clinic, we use Stem Cell MScs from placenta to treat and rejuvenate the skin to the DNA level for patients.
3. Area stem cells injection dangerous
Majority of stem cell injection in the beauty industry are MSCs, which are stem cells that do not have a specific function. When injected into the skin, it does not cause a reaction against cells in the immune system. This type of Stem Cell injection is therefore safe and widely popular. However, stem cells must be selected from quality source. The treatment must be performed by a specialised doctor. At every branch of Linna Clinic, we are ready to provide high quality stem cell injections (MSCs), taking care of every step, including carrying out treatment by specialised doctors. Therefore you can rest assure in safety and the results obtained after MSCs stem cell injection at Linna Clinic.
4. Where do stem cell MSCs come from and what do they help
Stem cell MSCs (Mesenchymal Stem Cells) are the stem cells of body cells. They are able to divide and develop into different cells in the body. The sources of MSCs stem cells include umbilical cord, fat, blood, placenta , bone marrow, and teeth. There are either autologous or alloheneic MSCs. It has properties that can help manage skin problems as follows.
- Stem cells MSCs will replace the original dead skin cells. Help repair and revitalize the skin.
- Help reduce wrinkles. Helps heal scars and inflammation in the skin layer.
- Increase fibroblasts in the skin layer, which are cells responsible for the production of collagen and elastin. Makes the skin look more elastic, firm and smooth.
- Stimulates the activity of Growth Factors and Cytokines in the body, leading to increased collagen production in the skin.
5. At what age can I inject stem cells
Stem cell injections are suitable for people age 35 years and over, who are people with weak, fragile skin who want to rejuvenate the skin to the cellular level. It can be people who have a history of skin care with other procedures, but did not see the results as expected.
6. Using other people's stem cells to inject, will there be any effects
In the case of receiving MSCs stem cells from donors it is still a safe method as MSCs are non-specific stem cells. It can develop and change into other cells freely in which the donor of stem cells must pass a health screening before and there must be no infectious disease or other dangerous diseases. The stem cells that have been cultured and multiplied in a clean and good standard laboratory. These Stem Cells must be tested for quality, appearance and safety again before being injected into recipients. Therefore, it can be assured that receiving Stem Cell MSCs from other donors is quite safe.
7. How long does the result last after injecting stem cells
After the injection of stem cells during the first 1-4 weeks, the results of changes in the skin will begin to be seen. Your skin looks firmer and wrinkles will fade. The result can last for 3-12 months of treatment, depending on the patient’s skin condition and self-care after Stem Cell injection.
8. Recommendations before and after stem cells injection
For good results after Stem Cell injection, patients should take care of themselves before and after the injection as follows:
Preparation before stem cell injection
- Get enough sleep, at least 8-12 hours before the injection.
- If you have a congenital disease or have medications for congenital disease that must be taken regularly The information should be informed to the doctor in detail before treatment.
- Refrain from oily or fried food for 2-3 days before and after the injection.
- Avoid doing other procedures such as laser, liposuction, chelation at least 1-2 weeks before and after the Stem Cell injection.
Precautions to be taken after stem cell injection
- Refrain from traveling to places that are prone to infection such as hospitals, clinics, crowded areas, etc. for at least 3 days.
- Refrain from doing activities that require a lot of physical exertion, such as strenuous exercise. or work that requires heavy physical activity at least 1-2 days after injection
- Refrain from doing outdoor activities avoid sunlight Pollution and dust at least 1-2 days after injection.
- After the Stem Cell injection, you may feel more sleepy than usual. Drink lots of water or drink sweet water to add freshness.
At Linna Clinic, we offer Stem cell injection (Stem Cell) MSCs of high quality, guaranteed safety and standards. It will help restore healthy skin cells from the inside out. Add strength to the skin layer, revealing fuller skin, looking healthier than ever. Supervised and treated by a team of specialised doctors in every case. For more information add Line Official @linnaclinic to talk and discuss preliminary details before Stem Cell injection or book an appointment for treatment at Linna Clinic.