Various concerns about undergoing Hifu skin tightening include whether Hifu is painful, the procedures and methods involved, its effectiveness, and how often it needs to be done to see results. Today, LINNA Clinic gathers all the answers to help dispel any doubts you may have.
What is HIFU, How does HIFU work?
HIFU, or High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound, is a new facial skin tightening technology that uses high-intensity ultrasound waves to penetrate the skin layers. The working principle of these ultrasound waves involves targeting and disrupting the tissue in the upper muscular layer known as the “SMAS.” When the tissue in this area is disrupted and causes scarring, the body stimulates the skin layers to generate new collagen and tissue, resulting in skin tightening. This process helps the face appear firmer, tighter, and more youthful, resembling a facelift without the need for surgery. After the first HIFU session, immediate tightening of the skin by 10-20% can be felt, and noticeable results can be seen within 1-2 months.
Whether HIFU causes pain or not
This is not a determining factor for its effectiveness. As explained earlier, HIFU involves shooting high-frequency sound waves into the skin layers. Many people may be concerned about the level of pain during or after the procedure. However, the degree of pain, whether minimal or intense, is not necessarily indicative of the effectiveness of the HIFU treatment. There have been instances where individuals experienced significant pain but saw limited results, and vice versa. Ultimately, the success of HIFU and achieving the best results may depend on various factors.
1. Quality/Standard of Equipment
Any tool that meets quality standards is characterized by the release of stable energy from the wave-emitting head. The consistent energy in each shot ensures excellent focus of energy points. It is guaranteed that your Hifu procedure will yield definite results when using high-quality equipment.
However, if the clinic opts for non-standard tools, the emitted energy may be too weak to reach the SMAS layer, or sometimes, the energy may be excessively strong, leading to swelling and burns due to heat accumulation on the skin surface. In such cases, even if there is significant pain, delayed facial numbness, or no pain at all, the results may be difficult to see or almost non-existent.
2. Specialized Expertise of the Performing Physician
Every cosmetic procedure requires a specialized physician with extensive experience, adept at using tools, trained and updated in beauty/cosmetic knowledge. They must possess knowledge and skills to design individualized care programs tailored to the problems and skin conditions of each customer. If performed by an inexperienced individual, it may yield minimal or no results, and may even lead to undesirable side effects such as facial burns, redness, twitching, or distortion due to nerve damage.
3. Skin Condition of Each Individual
Because the nature and resilience of the skin layers vary among individuals, the pain tolerance for each person differs. Some may have thin and sensitive skin, experiencing pain, soreness, or delayed facial numbness significantly after Hifu. Conversely, some may have relatively firm and thick skin layers, tolerating pain well after receiving the heat waves from Hifu, feeling very little or no pain at all.
Therefore, it is evident that seeing results or not after Hifu does not solely depend on the degree of pain, soreness, or facial numbness but also on various other factors.
Wondering where to get Hifu done?
Choose a place that is both standardized and safe. When opting for Hifu, it is advisable to receive services from a reputable clinic equipped with certified tools and recognized by the Medical Aesthetics Institute of Korea (KFDA). Operations should be carried out by experienced physicians ready to assess and design personalized beauty programs to address individual facial skin problems. If done by inexperienced individuals, results may be minimal or non-existent, leading to unwanted side effects.
LINNA Hifu at LINNA Clinic stands out from ordinary Hifu in several ways. Why should you choose it?
LINNA Hifu is designed to provide immediate and impressive results from the first treatment. It helps lift and shape the face, redefine facial contours, reduce sagging, and tighten the neck using the latest technology from South Korea. It is an MMFU (Micro & Macro Focused) energy wave Hifu, the only device certified by the Medical Aesthetics Institute of Korea (KFDA) and compliant with Thai FDA standards.
- The new MMFU innovation and Single Shot feature make the procedure significantly less painful (some may not feel any pain at all), eliminating the need for anesthesia. The operation time is much shorter compared to conventional Hifu.
- The stable energy in each shot ensures excellent focus, making it more effective and yielding definite results.
- The smaller size of the tool head allows for precise treatment of every corner of the face, including under the eyes and cheek contours. This aids physicians in designing facial reshaping treatments with greater precision.
How long does LINNA Hifu last, and how many sessions are required?
After undergoing LINNA Hifu at LINNA Clinic, the results can last for 6-12 months. The duration depends on factors such as age, skin condition, and individual lifestyle habits, which influence collagen and elastin levels in the skin layers. The clinic recommends undergoing LINNA Hifu every 4-6 months to maintain the facial skin’s youthfulness and firmness for an extended period.
Reviews of Hifu at LINNA Clinic
A crucial question many people are considering is, “Where is the best place to get Hifu?” Essential considerations when selecting a clinic, in addition to basic factors like the quality of equipment and the expertise of the physician, include reviews of cases before and after Hifu procedures. These reviews serve as valuable insights for making well-informed decisions. At LINNA Clinic, we have reviews of Hifu procedures that showcase various cases of facial lifting, face reshaping, and addressing various skin concerns, aiding in the decision-making process.
Additional recommendations regarding Hifu:
- Hifu can be started as early as in the early 20s as a preventive measure against premature wrinkles. It is a non-surgical facial tightening procedure that is easy to undergo, suitable for those who do not want surgery or fear needles. It requires minimal time and is cost-effective.
- Hifu can be performed on various body areas where increased firmness is desired, such as the facial area, arms, legs, waist, or abdomen. Different shooting heads are used for each area.
- After undergoing Hifu, common side effects may include slight soreness, but these typically subside within 1-2 hours, allowing normal daily activities to resume.
- Consultation with a physician and undergoing Hifu can be done without skin preparation. However, after Hifu, it is advisable to avoid exposing the skin to strong sunlight for approximately 1-2 weeks. Regular skincare routines can be continued, and daily use of sunscreen with SPF 30+ is recommended. Avoid vigorous facial massages or rubbing, steer clear of drinks containing alcohol, and refrain from smoking to enhance the effective production of collagen by the body.
- Hifu can be combined with other procedures such as Botox injections, dermal fillers, or mesotherapy for more pronounced and clear results. However, the choice of additional treatments should be based on individual assessments and treatment plans designed by expert physicians.
You can see that the process of lifting and sculpting the face with Hifu is a new beauty technology that addresses concerns such as post-procedure discomfort, duration, and budget quite well. LINNA Hifu, a new innovation in Hifu technology, minimizes discomfort while providing clear and effective results. For those who are looking for a clinic with standards, especially with an expert medical team, you can contact us on LINE for a chat, inquiries, or to book a treatment appointment. We also offer various discounts and promotions at LINNA Clinic.